Session 12 & 13 update - not much detail just a general acco

the story so far...

Session 12 & 13 update - not much detail just a general acco

Postby James » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:46 pm

Played session 12 a couple of weeks ago... ran throught the RCTC. Not much in role play but the PC's and I enjoyed the combat. Both PC's lost, Xost getting the furthest and lossing in the 6th round. Albanis was taken out in the 2nd. The players decided that they did not want to hang out for the remainder of the tournament... the laranian theme was getting old to them. They left and made it to Tashal where Xost got lippy with Para, who then (to make a point) layed a little Drynia woop ass on him and crushed his heart with herTK. He died... but came back 6 hours latter with a new found respect and hatred for her.

The morning of the 19th the PC's were headed out of town when the spotted someone trailing them. They played hide and seek and lost them, or so they thought. The were being trailed by one of Khamal's henchmen. Khamal was desided at the begining of this campaign to be the reacuring scary bad guy. A powerful Immortal and a priest of morgath to boot. He and his ban of 12 ravers set an ambush for are 2 young Immoratls 4 days out of trobridge. Khamal being the evil bastard he is stayed out of spidy scense range and had his underling ambush them. The goal to capture, injure or kill with out beheading them. Then khamal would come in for the easy pickings.

The ambush took place with Xost making some good rolls... in fact he rolled like a madman all night and was able to defend himself against the fired arrows. Albanis... well, his roll were not so good and infact the player threw a couple out the door and smashed one with a hammer just to scare the other back in line.
To make a long story short Albanis spent most of the time TKO on the ground while Xost methodicly slaughtered everyone... it was most impressive. Albanis did get up and make a few good kills helping them win. Both of them had some nasty wounds when khamal made his grand appearance. Now khamal is scarey. Born in 635 and taking heads ever since. Personnaly I did not think the boys had much of a chance... therfore I had Para in the wood observing and ready to step in to lend a hand to her new recruits. I should mention that Xost was screaming her name looking for help for the first cople of rounds.

After some taunting and insults from both side, the boys decide to break rule number 2 and take khamal on together and except that if the both survived, one of them would loose some quickening to the other. It was a wasted worry... I had been rolling CS all night but when the battle stared Xost won Init, followed by Khama, then Albanis. Xost rolled a CS in his attack with khamal rolling a MF, Xost followed up with a TA and another CS while Khamal got the stupids and rolled a 00... the result was a strike to the neck and almost detachment of his head. He then CF on his shock roll passing out and crashing to the ground. Albanis moved away top let Xost take his head and collect his reward.

Done. Major bad guy taken out in less than 5min game time. I have to admit it was damn entertaining.
James
The GM
The GM

Return to Tharda Rising Chronicles