Session Six - June 12th 2010

the story so far...

Session Six - June 12th 2010

Postby James » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:46 pm

Due to some intruptions... namely a lost family pet, we did not get much done this time.

Kelen 15th - the PC's after much diccusion decide that they can't be bothered with tracking down Xhost's father. They are uncertain on what course to take with the events taking place, in the end they decide to let things happen as they may and stay out of it for the time being. As of now, Tharda is at peace and Arren is busy in Rethem. One thing they do decide is that maybe it's a good idea getting out of Tharda for a bit... just in case arren's warning is true. They decide to head east and inlist with the Khuzan and help retake Fana.

This sort of came out of left field for me. I had planned a murder mystery for them based on the The Giggler

The PC's traveled first to Coranan, then headed out the next day. Things were quite all the way to Taztos. After leaveing the fort the next day (Kelen 20th) I rolled an interesting encounter...
It's the first time I've ever rolled a dragon... first time I've ever used a dragon in my game. Well... the PC's were shocked, concerned and facinated> I decided, after reading the dragon article during a lull in plasy that the dragon would be female, searching for a mate. That would work in my mind to explain why she was sofar south. I also decided that she was NOT overly hungry and would not attack, unless the players did something dumb.
I did have a Wyvern attack the groups horses one time... much fun and great laughs for everyone... except the Khuzdul player, but that's another story.
Anyway, to make it interesting I had this Dragon.. Araxis get curious about are 2 riders because it was the first time she had seen 2 Immortals ride together. Yes... IMPH Dragons can sense Quickening... yeah I know, but what the hell. It worked and the players got a kick out of it.

Well Araxis landed, called out to them and promised she would not hurt them... the players, seeing little choice came out and ended up having a 10 minute chat with a Dragon. Rolls on rhetoric were made and passed, so the conversion remained polite and respectful. In the end Araxis promised to "check up on them" in a few decades to see how they're doing and also told them that there were a few Immortals on Harn. The majority of them were on the mainland. As sghe took flight she also warned them of a nasty Immortal of great age and eveil... Khamal.
This sent the boys into a frency... they remembered the name but could not remember why. I let them make a roll on Int then told them it was something that Rameriz warned them about.
James
The GM
The GM

Return to Tharda Rising Chronicles